In recent years we have seen how planet Earth has been deteriorating because of our actions. Unaware of the magnitude of this problem, we have been normalizing certain behaviors that are harmful to our environment. That is why classrooms must focus on taking care of the environment responsibly.
Sometimes we may think that every issue related to pollution and the environment is for the scientists and the environmental organizations to deal with, but individuals also play a critical role. We need to do small daily actions to improve our environment. These small actions can make a big difference in the future.
The environment is a source of life for humans and other living beings, and it is our responsibility to care for and preserve it. We must find ways to manage natural resources sustainably to protect life on earth. Why is it necessary to talk about the environment’s importance in the classroom? Children need to be aware of the tools they have at their disposal to take care of their home planet.
We have some tips for students to follow in their day-to-day:
- Recycle trash and sort it into different recycling bins.
- Take care of plants and remember that they are living organisms. You must not trample or uproot plants but take care of them.
- Give away toys that have not been played with so that other children can use them and give them a second chance.
- Save electricity and turn the lights off when you do not use them, especially at home.
- Do not litter; remember to throw things away in the trash.
At Smile and Learn, we have a Science section dedicated to the environment where children can learn more about recycling and responsible consumption. If you have not yet tried our educational platform, you can do so for free by filling out this form.