Education is the basis for a fair and equal society. It is critical for each individual’s development; it is a fundamental human right; and it is a collective responsibility. Given its importance, a few years ago the General Assembly of the United Nations (UN) declared January 24 as the International Day of Education.
Education is constantly evolving. There are more and more pedagogical movements that are committed to inclusive, interactive, and personalized education. Our children’s future is in our hands, so the Smile and Learn team has deeply reflected on the following question: What are the most important factors that will shape education for future generations?
- Increased student participation with more interactive content.
- Personalization according to the needs and interests of each learner.
- Encouraging creativity and critical thinking skills.
- Greater emphasis on developing competencies.
- Promoting the use of learning experiences where students put subject matter into practice while drawing from skills and knowledge from diverse sources.
- Strengthening 21st century skills like emotional intelligence and programming.
- Truly inclusive education
- Reinventing classrooms to be more dynamic spaces.
- Effective implementation of new technologies via digitalization, teacher training, and improved school infrastructure.
- Preparing students to become socially conscious, environmentally aware and responsible citizens who are willing to work together, mentor others, and share their experiences.
What about you? What else would you add? If you haven’t tried our educational platform yet, you can do it for free by filling out this form.