Nutrition is a fundamental part of children’s physical and intellectual development. Eating well is vital so that they; grow strong and healthy, especially during their early years. A good diet can significantly reduce the risk of disease. That is why it is very important to have a well-balanced and healthy diet. Make sure not to eat a lot of fats and get plenty of fruit.
Here are some nutrition tips for children ages 3 to 6 years old:
- Following the food pyramid helps maintain a balanced and healthy diet.
- Have 5 daily meals: breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner. Make sure that the portions are not too large and that the meals are homemade.
- Eat fiber-rich foods 2-3 times daily, such as vegetables, fruits, legumes, etc.
- Keep sweets, chocolates, or processed baked goods products to a minimum.
- Make sure to have a minimum of two servings of milk or dairy products daily to maintain sufficient calcium intake.
- If you are trying new foods, be sure; to give children small amounts at the beginning of the meal. Encourage your child to eat slowly to aid in the digestive process.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially during meals. It is best to avoid consuming packaged juices.
Everyone has a different metabolism, so it is not wise to force children to eat specific amounts of food, as they only know how hungry they are.
If you have not yet tried our educational platform, you can do so for free by filling out this form.