With the return of school this September, we leave behind a year of blended learning and a few months of school from home. Face-to-face lessons are completely back but the technology is here to stay. In this article, we gather some trends that will be the lead courses this year.
- Hybrid Education: Even though students and teachers are meeting in classrooms, this year a balanced combination of in-person and online learning will emerge, not necessarily for classes but rather seminars, courses, reviews, etc.
- Augmented Reality: Augmented reality brings complex concepts to real life. 3D animation or superimposed videos teach children several different things.
- STEAM- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics are the components of STEAM. When following this model, children acquire problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Personalization: Personalizing content for each student’s needs is the mantra of new education. This course comes with strength, relying on technological tools.
- Self-Directed Learning: If personalization is important, true adaption should be aimed at children to direct their own learning process.
- Social Learning: Present in many educational theories, with ideas like the flipped classroom or the maker movement. The idea is to promote educational experiences based on collaboration.
If you have not tried our platform yet, Smile and Learn allows you to face the challenges of the new school year. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a free trial. Don’t wait any longer. Happy Back to School!